Our body goes through so much every day. As soon as we step out of our home, we are faced with pollution, dust, sun and so many other external factors. These affect our skin, hair and body on the whole. Out of all our body parts, our face has to deal with the most pollution. Other body parts are covered by clothes, shoes and caps, but the face is generally covered only in extreme conditions. Our face is the most visible part of us. It is the first thing that anyone notices about us. It is one of the main factors in creating our image. This makes it necessary that we take good and continuous care of our face. There are many treatments and procedures available today which help in keeping our face healthy and make and keep it looking young and fresh. So what are the various treatments that could be undertaken? Let us take a look to know how we can take care of our most abused dearest face.
Taking care of our face
Today there is no dearth of treatments and procedures available to care for our face. Some of the common treatments are clean-up and facials. A cleanup is less vigorous than a facial. A cleanup essentially includes cleansing, scrubbing and removal of blackheads and if also included, a face-pack. A facial is more detailed and more vigorous. It also includes massage. A facial is always recommended as the massaging part makes a huge difference. There are many types of facials available at salons. The major facials are:
• Basic facials: These are the normal type which just cleanse, scrub and give basic massage.
• Bio-lift: These facials give all the basic advantages but along with that they target dark circles and dark spots on the face.
• AHA facials: AHA acids derived from plants and fruits are known for their anti-ageing effects. These help in removal of wrinkles and smoothens the skin.
• Collagen restorative/rehydrating facial: Collagen is the protein which is present in our body. It is one of the building blocks of our organs, including skin. This facial has anti ageing effects.
• Aromatherapy facial: These facials use special oils to lift the skin and rejuvenate it.
Almost all the salons offer rehydration facials. Every salon’s procedure might vary but their goal essentially remains the same. Rehydration facials are the facials that rejuvenate and hydrate the skin. These are anti ageing facials which smoothens the skin. It helps in removing wrinkles and pigmentation.
These rehydration facials generally use collagen. Collagen is the structural protein present in all of us. It has anti ageing effects. Some salons use collagen masks or sheets, creams and gels to lock the protein and hydrate it. Some very advanced rehydrating facial also include injecting the serum in the face to make the skin smooth and wrinkle free.
Rehydration facials are highly recommended for people with dry skin. They moisturise the skin leaving it glowing and looking young. The skin of the face becomes healthier and better equipped to fight pollution.